King of the Desert 3
Timeframe: It will be played from September 14 to October 25.
Tournament format: 1v1
Method used to choose civilizations: Civ-Draft (Player A chooses one civilization, Player B chooses two civilizations, Player A chooses two civilizations, etc.)
Number of players: which are classified by the results obtained in the last tournaments/or by their rank in the ladder.
Format of the rounds:
- Round of 64: Direct elimination – Best of 3 games
- Round of 32: Direct elimination – Best of 5 games
- Round 16: GSL System* – Best of 5 games
- Quarterfinals: Direct Elimination – Best of 5
- Semifinal: Direct elimination – Best of 7 games
- Final: Direct elimination – Best of 11 games
Prizes: U$S 50,000 to be shared among the players (the winner of the tournament gets U$S 17,000 and the runner-up U$S 9,000
The Tournament Handbook is available in English, for those who want to read it.