AYRE AGE LEAGUE: SEASON ONE
Timeframe: Tournament finished
Tournament format: 1v1
Maps: Acropolis – Arabia – Sand – Bedouins – Gold Rush – Land Madness – Mesas – Sunburn – Scandinavia
The maps will be played according to the order in which they have been chosen. Player A will ban a map, and then player B will do the same. Then depending on the format of the round (best of 3, best of 5 or best of 7) they will continue to choose or ban maps, as follows:
- Best of 3: A(ban), B(ban), B(ban), A(ban), A(pick), B(pick), A(ban), B(ban), the remaining map is the deciding one
- Best of 5: A(ban), B(ban), A(pick), B(pick), B(pick), A(pick), A(ban), B(ban), the remaining map is the decisive one
- Best of 7: A(ban), B(ban), B(ban), A(ban), A(pick), B(pick), A(pick), B(pick), the remaining map is the decisive one
Method used to choose civilizations: Civ-Draft (Player A chooses one civilization, Player B chooses two civilizations, Player A chooses two civilizations, etc.) in the Best of 3 format, both players will have the right to ban one civilization each. In the Best of 5 format, they may ban two civilizations each, and in the Best of 7 format, three civilizations each.
Number of players: 32 players qualify.
- Round of 32: Direct elimination – Best of 3 games
- Round of 16: Direct elimination – Best of 5 games
- Quarterfinals: Swiss System*
- Semifinal: GSL System** – Best of 5 games
- Final: Direct elimination – Best of 7 games
Prizes: There is a minimum of U$S 500 to be distributed among the players.
Brackets: Available here
The Tournament handbook is available, for those who want to read it.